Center For Recovery offers intensive outpatient substance abuse treatment for teens. Our adolescent group meet 3 afternoons week for 12 weeks. We are a State Licensed program, and accept most insurance.
According to the National Institute of Health, drug and alcohol abuse among teenagers is a growing problem. Teenagers at risk for substance abuse include those with a family history of substance abuse, who have low self-esteem, who are depressed or anxious, or have been diagnosed with ADHD or learning disabilities.
Symptoms of Substance Abuse include the following:
- Sudden personality changes that include abrupt changes in work of school attendance, quality of work, grades, discipline.
- Unusual outbreaks of temper
- Withdrawal from responsibility
- General changes in overall attitude
- Loss of interest in what were once favorite hobbies and pursuits
- Changes in friends and reluctance to have friends visit
- Difficulty in concentration
- Sudden nervousness or aggression
- Increased secretiveness
- Association with known substance abusers
- Unusual borrowing of money from friends or parents
Other physical signs of substance abuse are: slurred speech, memory impairment, lack of coordination, and impairment of attention.
If your teenager is exhibiting any of the above symptoms, we would be happy to speak with you about our teen-specific treatment program.
The adolescent program focuses on self-esteem, peer issues, academic pressure, relationship issues, family issues, and mental health issues, in addition to drug/alcohol issues. Our program is unique because we believe that self-esteem, self-confidence, and core issues must be addressed in order for teenagers to maintain abstinence from drugs and alcohol.
2121 S. Oneida St. #412
Denver, Co 80224