Center For Recovery offers an outpatient substance abuse treatment for teens 15 years of age and over. Symptoms of Substance Abuse include the following:
- Sudden personality changes that include abrupt changes in work of school attendance, quality of work, grades, discipline.
- Unusual outbreaks of temper
- Withdrawal from responsibility
- General changes in overall attitude
- Loss of interest in what were once favorite hobbies and pursuits
- Changes in friends and reluctance to have friends visit
- Difficulty in concentration
- Sudden nervousness or aggression
- Increased secretiveness
- Association with known substance abusers
- Unusual borrowing of money from friends or parents
Other physical signs of substance abuse are: slurred speech, memory impairment, lack of coordination, and impairment of attention.
If your teenager is exhibiting any of the above symptoms, and they meet the criteria listed on our page for criteria for admission, we would be happy to speak with you about our treatment program.
Our treatment program focuses on self-esteem, peer issues, , relationship issues, family issues, and mental health issues, in addition to drug/alcohol issues. Our program is unique because we believe that self-esteem, self-confidence, and core issues must be addressed in order for teenagers to maintain abstinence from drugs and alcohol. We specialize in treatment of dual diagnosis disorders, which include depression, anxiety, ADHD, which often appear in conjunction with substance abuse.
Our Adolescent Dual Diagnosis Intensive Outpatient group meets Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons 3:15-4:45.